Fun in the Sun – Doll Sewing Pattern for Kidz N Cats, Gotz Happy Kidz, Gotz Classic Kidz & Similar Size Dolls
The Fun in the Sun collection includes 3 Halter Neck Dresses & 2 Halter Neck Tops you can sew for your dolls.
Light to medium weight woven fabrics such as Cotton and Cotton Blends, Linen and Linen Blends. Bias binding trim for the bodice can be of the same fabric or something of similar or lighter weight, or purchased bias binding tape. Quilting cottons are perfect when you are looking for coordinating fabrics to create creative and fun looks for your creations.
- 1/4 Yard of Main Fabric. This is sufficient to make the whole dress including the bias binding trim and waistband if you are making the dress out of just one fabric.
- 2 x Coordinating Fat Quarters if you would like to make the main body of the dress in one fabric and the waistband and bias binding trim for the bodice in a different fabric.
- 1 x Fat Quarter and 1 Packet of 1/2” Single Fold Bias Binding Tape (Ready Made) for the bodice.
- Coordinating thread
- 4 1/2” Piece of 1/2” Elastic
- Optional: Light weight iron on interfacing for waistband and/or bodice pieces – Small piece (this will give your waistband and/or bodice pieces a little more body)
I’d love to invite you to share pictures of you Fun in the Sun creations over on my Facebook page at Chris Lucas Designs
This doll sewing pattern is for personal use. If you would like to sell dolls clothes made from using this pattern on a small-scale (eg home sewers selling on Etsy or other sites) you are welcome to sell garments made using this pattern so long as you give Chris Lucas Designs credit for the pattern and where possible provide a link back to my website http://ChrisLucas.com.au
I am not affiliated with or endorse any particular doll company. I just love designing and sewing for dolls 🙂