Glamour Girl – Reversible Dress Sewing Pattern designed to fit Kidz N Cats Dolls
This Glamour Girl doll sewing pattern has been designed to fit Kidz n Cats® and similar size dolls.
Pattern includes full size pattern pieces to make a variety of dresses including reversible dresses for your dolls.
Skill Level – Easy
Perfect for Beginners and for quick and easy doll sewing projects
Cotton and Cotton Blends, Linen and Linen Blends, Crepe Back Satin, Brocade, Jacquard, Satin, Shantung, Raw Silk, Taffeta. Linings can be of the same fabric or something of similar or lighter weight. The heavier the fabric the fuller the skirt will look and the softer the fabric the more it will cascade along the sides of the high low skirt.
- Strapless or One Shoulder with Full Length High Low Skirt – Reversible Dress . 1/2yd (1/2mt) of Fashion Fabric and Lining Fabric.
- Strapless or One Shoulder with Full Length Gathered Skirt – Reversible Dress – 1/3 yd (1/3mt) of Fashion Fabric and Lining Fabric
- Strapless or One Shoulder Bodice with Full Length Gathered Skirt unlined – 1/4 yd (1/4mt) of Fashion Fabric and small pieces of Lining fabric for the bodice
- Coordinating thread
- Velcro or 2 hook & eyes or snaps (which ever is your preferred closure method)
- Light weight iron on interfacing for bodice pieces (If you use a light weight fashion fabric this is give your bodice a little more body)
- 30 pages
- Photographed detailed step by step sewing guide
- 2 Page Summary Sewing Instructions
- Professional digitally drafted pattern pieces
- Lots of sewing tips
Note: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Once you purchase your pattern you can download, print & sew!
This Glamour Girl sewing pattern has been designed especially to fit Kidz N Cats® Dolls and similar size dolls.
The Glamour Girl dresses have the option to be reversible with all seams fully enclosed. With the Glamour Girl pattern you can mix n match the 2 different bodice variations and the 2 skirt variations and create a collection of beautiful dresses and even a wonderful wedding dress simply by using some luxurious fabrics. Best of all they’re quick and easy to sew.
There’s step by step instructions and photos to guide you all the way through the construction process. There’s also a summary of instructions you can print to help save on paper and ink.
You can make each dress look glamorous or you can make them look more casual simply by changing the fabrics and the way you choose to embellish each garment.
I’ve designed these dresses to have classic clean simple lines that look great just as they are, or you can use your own creativity and have fun embellishing either the bodice, the skirt or the whole dress from the inside to the outside.
The high low skirt is a great opportunity for you to have fun and go subtle or go wild with what ever fabrics you decide. Pretty prints or luxurious fabrics can be used for the skirt lining and make a fabulous feature of this stunning glamorous design with the way the skirt cascades and shows off each layer of fabric.
I'd love to invite you to share pictures of the Glamour Girl dresses you make over on my Facebook page at Chris Lucas Designs
This pattern is for personal use. If you would like to sell dolls clothes made from using this pattern on a small-scale (eg home sewers selling on Etsy or other sites) you are welcome to sell garments made using this pattern so long as you give Chris Lucas Designs credit for the pattern and where possible provide a link back to my website http://ChrisLucas.com.au
I am not affiliated with or endorse any particular doll company. I just love sewing for dolls like you do too 🙂